Tuesday, February 22, 2011

30DBC: Day 30

Day 30: A picture

I've made it to the end of my 30 Day Blog Challenge. If you've made it this long, God bless you.

The last 30 days have been a roller coaster of emotions. I've faced my most difficult struggle this year: getting through Jack's due date. It was a hurdle that I wasn't sure I could overcome, but I did.

I would be lying if I said that I am finally "okay." I'm fine. I am  happy with almost every aspect of my life, and I know I am a very lucky girl. But I am still sad about what happened to Jack, and you know what?? I have finally accepted that it's okay to be sad. I'm allowed to cry when I need to cry.

But I have not let my grief consume me. The joy that I find in everyday life is what dries my tears and reminds me that the universe really isn't out to get me. A really, really sucky thing happened to our family, but there are many, many other good things that happen to us that do not happen to others.

That said, my picture today is a nod at what started this blog in the first place... rain.
I'm happy. The sun is still shining in my life. But the rain and the memories of Jack will always be there. I think the best way to sum me up right now can be best described by Mr. John Mayer:

"I'm in repair..... I'm not together but I'm getting there...."

1 comment: