Thursday, February 10, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 18

Day 18: Something you regret.

When I hear the word "regret," my mind immediately launches into song. Have you ever seen the musical/movie RENT?? Me and a few friends (who shall remain nameless for fear of embarrassment) happen to love it.

So one of the main mantras from RENT goes something like this: "Forget regret, or life is yours to miss." I was so taken with this lyric, because when I was a little younger, I would agonize over decisions I made. Good or bad, I would overthink and overanalyze to the point that I would drive myself crazy.

One of my callings in life is to make people happy. I don't like making fun of people, I don't like hurting people's feelings, and I don't like being mean. It's just not my style. But I'm not perfect, so it's happened on occasion.

There are plenty of things that I've done in my life that I wish hadn't. I regret any time I've hurt another person, whether unknowingly, unconsciously, or purposefully. There are a handful of things that I can think of that make me cringe when I'm reminded of my stupidity. Hey, I haven't always been as damn smart as I am today! (I kid, I kid)

But what's done is done. I can only learn from my mistakes, since I can't take them back. I do try to rectify situations whenever possible, but at some point you just have to move on. Focus on what you can do today, not what you didn't do yesterday.



1 comment:

  1. Who are these friends you speak of you love Rent? I don't recall...

    ReplyDelete