Friday, February 11, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 19

Day 17: Something you miss.

I think that one is obvious. I will never miss anything or anyone more than I miss Jack.

I guess I also miss the naivete of my youth. When you're little, life is so carefree. You don't have bills, career worries, or personal troubles. Your concerns are eating, sleeping, and trying to decide if you should play inside or outside today. I miss not knowing about all of the bad stuff that happens in the world. I miss not knowing that there are bad people who make bad decisions and who make other people sad. I miss not knowing what it's like to lose someone who means the world to you. And I miss the days when I could eat ice cream three times a day and it didn't matter.

 But although I miss these things, I wouldn't change what I've lived and learned because they are a part of who I am. Since I can't change the past, and I can't change other people, I have to embrace and accept change.

However, I still act like a kid sometimes, so that counts, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment