Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September 24, 2013



Today feels awkwardly like Christmas.

I could barely sleep just thinking about what's happening at 12:30 today. So much anticipation. I would give anything for her to not be here right now, to not be having this procedure done. But since it's happening, I'm choosing to focus on the positive.

At the end of today, my little girl will be better. Not completely healed, but better. All I want is to go home, and it's looking like that will happen this week! Carrying her into the house after all of this will probably be one of the best experiences of my life.

They've explained the surgery to us in detail, and having a Harvard-educated neurosurgeon performing the procedure only adds to my level of comfort.

I know there's always a risk with surgery, and I'm scared, but for some reason I have full faith that she is going to get through this and get back to being her happy baby self.

Still, any thoughts and prayers directed toward Anna around 12:00pm today would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I don't ask for much in my life, and I rarely ask for help, but this is one of those times when I'm asking for all of the help I can get.

post signature

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment