This pretty much sums up my mood today.
We lost power last night around 6:15pm, and my poor sweet girl was MISERABLE.
It was hot, sticky, and way too quiet. Everyone in our little family sleeps with a white noise machine playing all night long, and every single creek in the floorboards woke the poor girl up.
Finally, after 10:30pm and a overtired baby in her diaper and no pjs later, I packed a bag and headed to my sister's house, and we both managed to get some sleep. Her more than me... I'm working on about 4.5 hours, which I haven't felt since we did sleep training, and boy... I do NOT miss this sleep-deprived haze.
Still, we thrive on routine, and having to throw Em off her schedule gave me the mommy sads. She just looked so tired, but then this morning gave me huge smiles and cuddles, so I don't think she'll hold it against me.
So rather than complain for several more paragraphs, I'll just say that today I am grateful for:
- Cinnabon coffee creamer. Just as I am everyday.
- The employees of American Electric Power, for working their ASSESS off to restore power to 750,000 people in the eastern United States
- My Kindle Fire, for being the only source of light whilst packing my bag last night, because our one candle burned out and our phones were dead. Womp womp.
- Emerson, for being such a good sport and still smiling when all I wanted to do was cry
- My sister in law for being so accommodating when she was about to go in for a 12 hour overnight shift. I am so grateful that I am going to buy her a honeymoon to Bermuda. Oh wait... we already did that ;-) More on that later.
Hope those of you without power are hanging in there... then again, if you don't have power, you're probably not reading this, so you don't know that I feel for you.