|The Little Things We Do|
1. Nothing says fall like pumpkin spice lattes (decaf for me of course!)
2. My favorite autumnal tradition is eating an entire bag of candy corn. Also going shopping at Easton with fall boots and a puffy vest, and buying this year's winter hats and mittens (I always buy cheap because I lose them every year!)
3. My favorite fall treat is this year it's been cinnamon struesel muffins. I can't stop making them - they are so delicious, and make the whole house smell like fall!
4. Fall makes me think of childhood because I always loved dressing up for Halloween and going to the Circleville Pumpkin Show. Ironically, I didn't like anything pumpkin-flavored until I was in high school. Which is a shame, because my mom makes the BEST pumpkin pie on the planet!!
5. Autumn free form word association, go! crispy leaves, chill in the air, soft blankets, hoodies, football, chili, pumpkin patch, embarrassing Halloween costumes.
6. My go-to outfit in the fall is these days??? A comfy pair of maternity pants and a long-sleeved sweater. Somehow, I can still wear most of my regular-sized, non-pregnant ones, which dramatically helps my wardrobe options. I do have a favorite pair of brown boots that I will literally wear until I can see my toes through them because they are so comfortable and awesome. Who cares that Jon has to help me put them on now?? ;-)
7. My favorite fall holiday is (Halloween or Thanksgiving) Thanksgiving. I am so excited to start new Halloween traditions with my sweet baby girl, Thanksgiving has always been a fave of mine. I have been craving mashed potatoes like crazy, and they always taste the best at Thanksgiving. I also love getting together with family and friends, and just relaxing and enjoying the company. Food/Drink/Company/Sweatpants/Dessert = The perfect holiday combination.