Tuesday, January 28, 2014

How to Stay Warm When It's -11

Yep, you read that right. It's -11 here in beautiful Ohio. 


You know... I love my state. I love OSU/KSU football. I love the changing of the seasons. I love that my entire family is here. But so help me Bob, I am over this weather. And it's still January.  

Today, our university cancelled classes, but faculty and staff still had to report. Brutal. 


Yet, instead of complaining, I am here to offer my services as an optimist. So here we are, a list of ways I'm staying warm when it's -11 outside.

1) Putting sriracha sauce on everything. Eggs, toast, salad. Whatever. The sky is the limit. 

2) Wear fleece-lined leggings under your jeans. Thanks to my NY resolution, I have a pair of jeans that is a little big on me, so I can essentially wear sweatpants under my pants and no one would know. Except, now you all know. 

3) Coffee. Today is the day when you can drink all the coffee in all the land. 

4) Warm your heart with looking at pictures of snow rollers. This rare weather phenomena has made it's way into our area, and these suckers are so cute it's almost like looking at adorable puppies. Almost.


 5) Dream of your summer vacation. In May, we're headed to Napa, and in August, we're taking a family vacation to Folly Beach, SC. Sometimes when I'm walking to my car and I'm cursing out loud in a very un-ladylike manner, I visualize myself frolicking on the beach and it makes the walk go by slightly faster.


6) Snuggle your babies, who/whatever they may be. Children, spouse(s), pets, beanie babies, what have you.

7) Watch this Ricky Martin video

8) When all else fails, do what I do... drink more coffee!

Stay warm my friends!


 post signature

post signature

6 comments:

  1. #1 YESSSSSSS!!! I am joining you on #5 too, definitely day dreaming my days away right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been here for 22 years and never saw a snow roller til yesterday. We were all at work googling what those things on the lawn were. They are kind of like puppies! I've chosen to wear my uggs today. I don't care how un cute they are. I'm warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my lord! I will not complain at all about how cold we are when we haven't seen negative degrees. I'm sorry friend! Spring/summer will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait! And I wish that meme said "throat punch" because that would have been more dramatic ;-)

      Delete
  4. Audra, I love you, seriously. And these suggestions are dy-no-MITE! You know I'm all about the coffee, and me and my beanie babies have never been closer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thanks my friend! Love you too! Can't wait to see your beanie baby collection in real life ;-)

      Delete