Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Infusing pop culture with parenting

Here are the ways I am proving to embrace technology and innovation, while also instilling fundamental values into my daughter's life.

1. Communication

Emerson plays this trick on me.

Me: Say Mama
Her: Dada
Me: Say Mamamama
Her: Dadadada
Me: Say Mama. Say MA-Ma. Say Ma-MA.
Her: DAAAA DAAAAA

So when I first heard the song 'Madness' by Muse, I knew I found the solution! I changed the lyrics of "Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad-madness" to "MamamamamamamaMAMAMA"



We're still working on it...

2. Visual Arts

I pre-ordered the iPhone because I am certain there are apps on there that one cannot find in the classroom. I feel like I've learned so many valuable lessons as an adult by playing Angry Birds.


3. Fashion

I read 'Suri's Burn Book' daily, and one of the most important lessons I've learned is to never let Emerson leave the house barefoot. That's a big faux pas according to Suri.


3 comments:

  1. I've heard some funny things about Suri's Burn Book, I need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL this is hilarious. I love number 1. Blake does this too. I think they do it just to mess with us. HAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gray did the "dadadada" thing too. I think your solution is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete