Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Heartbreak

Ugh.

This is the part being a "working mom" kills me.

Emerson woke up around 7:00am this morning; I normally leave at 7:05am. But I played with her for a few minutes, we giggled, and then I handed her off to dada so I could go to work.

The moment I set her down, she started wailing.

I left the room, the wailing got louder.

I peeked my head back into the room, she stopped crying and started crawling toward me. I gave her another quick kiss, and told her she was going to be okay. She smiled.

I left again, and the wailing continued, louder this time.

I realize that she'll never remember this, and Jon said she was fine shortly afterward, but this is the kind of thing that CRUSHES my heart. I wish I could be around her all day, every day :(

Mommy sob story over. Excuse me while I cry into my coffee.

:(

4 comments:

  1. *sigh* It's hard enough to leave Emma now, without separation anxiety...I'll die inside the day she cries when I leave for work. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sucks. It sucks even more when she's bigger and realizes that you're gone. The separation anxiety is terrible! :*( Sniff sniff

      Delete
  2. That sucks! I really hate when that happens. I hope your day gets better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's happens to all of us mommy's at one point or another. At least you know she is with daddy and you don't have to leave her with a stranger for the day!

    ReplyDelete