Friday, June 1, 2012

That's Funny Friday

It's been awhile since I've done one of these. Has nothing funny happened in my life lately?? Nonsense. My life is a sitcom. Or a reality show. Where people cringe because you're so awkward but secretly love it.

I've just been so busy with enjoying my free time now that Emerson is sleeping through the night (12.5 hours last night, are you serious?!?!) that I haven't had much time to look up funny stuff. I jusdt laugh at the voices in my head. I kid, I kid. Kind of?

But I was inspired last night.

A little background for you... when I get home from work, the first thing I do is put on "play clothes." This usually constitutes yoga pants and a tank top, but it's something comfortable that can be drooled/slobbered on and it doesn't matter if it gets wet when I take Em out of the bath tub. So last night she went to bed around 6:30. What was I supposed to do with myself??? Jon wasn't feeling well (I'll explain later, because that part is actually NOT funny) so I went to Kroger to buy the stuff to make him some chili (yes, we eat chili in the summer, because it is amazing).

So I'm in Kroger, with my lil basket, buying up chili ingredients, when I stopped dead in my tracks. All of a sudden it became:

That awkward moment when you're in the middle of the grocery store and realize you're wearing a painfully thin nursing tank and no bra.

I don't need to elaborate, but let's just say it was cold in there. And people weren't staring at my shoes.

Anywhoo, I was inspired to share some of the funniest "That awkward moment" captions, because you know we've all been there!


Source: 9gag.com via K on Pinterest

Source: tumblr.com via Michael on Pinterest


Have a hilarious weekend!!!

7 comments:

  1. Lol the best friend and car crossing ones are hilarious and so true! lol. Good ones :) I hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love awkward moments! is it wrong that at work functions I purposfully try to hang out with the most awkward people, just so I'll have stories to tell later? yes? dang. and tank top no bra... wow get it mama :) hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I am shoulder laughing at my desk. Those are hysterical! Especially the first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhaha. I have never ever done the no bra thing (psssh).

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best friend posted that best friend one on my wall last week. SO true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best friend one ahhh and I also got that same thing about clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these were all hilarious!! and been there with the tank top issue!

    ReplyDelete