Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I'm never ordering Chinese food again

Don't worry.... I don't have some gross food poisoning story to share with you.

I'm "never" ordering it again because I made an amazing dinner last night, on the cheap, and it tasted sooooooo much better than the version we buy from the takeout places. And it's much healthier!

I had a craving for General Tso's chicken last night, but since I ate enough food to feed a professional football team while in Vegas, I need to get my eating habits back in check. Which means logging calories in My Fitness Pal and not going overboard.

So I got the idea to make my own version of General Tso's. And the result was delicious and so easy!

My makeshift recipe included:

1lb organic ground chicken
1.5 cups of Kroger stir fry vegetables
1/3 cup of House of Tsang General Tso's sauce
1 bag of Uncle Bens Boil-in-Bag rice
1 tb vegetable oil
Sesame Seeds, Sriracha sauce, minced garlic and soy sauce to taste

Basically, I cooked the chicken with a little oil, then added the Tso's sauce until it was warm. At the same time, I sauteed the veggies with a little oil, water, sesame seeds and then added some soy sauce once they were cooked enough. I threw the chicken and veggies on top of the brown rice, then added red pepper flakes and Sriracha sauce and voila!!! A tasty treat!

I input the recipe onto My Fitness Pal, and each serving (if you house the entire bag of rice like I did) only has 300 calories and 24 grams of protein! I will definitely be making this again.

YUMMO!!!!!



6 comments:

  1. YUM!!! OMG it looks so super delicious! Awesome job, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! I am a big fan of chinese food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw you linked up for the Ohio blogger meet'n'greet and just wanted to introduce myself!

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks/sounds so good!! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~ House of Tsang...so thankful for tastebuds' bottled theme park (if there are boneless poultry items ~ whether fried OR otherwise _ feel free to pour GenTsoTsang into a small grav¥boat and go _ 3OR4 parts to 1 part "SweetBabyRay's" original variety BBQ sauce...who knows with what items it complements - such an engrossing chick^dip sauce nappe( jus ' works ) •• i've said enough _ now to view 'Chuck's Day Off' --- thankYou __ ithaJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~ House of Tsang...so thankful for tastebuds' bottled theme park (if there are boneless poultry items ~ whether fried OR otherwise _ feel free to pour GenTsoTsang into a small grav¥boat and go _ 3OR4 parts to 1 part "SweetBabyRay's" original variety BBQ sauce...who knows with what items it complements - such an engrossing chick^dip sauce nappe( jus ' works ) •• i've said enough _ now to view 'Chuck's Day Off' --- thankYou __ ithaJ

    ReplyDelete