Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Some things

1. Going back to work sucks. Sucks. Getting home and seeing your happy, beautiful baby is awesome. Awesome.

2. I just read that they classify "Sleeping through the night" in infants as sleeping 5+ hours or more in a row. Emerson has been sleeping 6.5 hour stretches for the past week. This is fabulous on one hand. On the other hand, those stretches are from 8:00pm to 2:30am. I'm sorry, but who wakes up at 2:30am and thinks "Weeeeeeeeee!! I feel so refreshed and energized!!!!!" Stupid parenting literature.

3. My baby girl is now 11 lbs and 10 ounces!!!! She's gained 4 lbs and 6 ounces since birth! You go girl!!! She's also 85% percentile for length. Girlfriend has some lonnnnnnnnng legs that she clearly didn't get from me. It's hilarious when we have to shove her long leggys into onesies, only to have enough space in the belly and arms to fit another baby. Methinks I have a mini basketball player in the making. I should make mental note to buy basketball hoop for the garage. Never too early to start playing sports. Although she can't even sit up on her own yet. Oh well. I digress.

3. Hearing your baby scream when she gets her 2 month vaccinations is the absolute worst sound in the entire world. Going back in the room to see that not only did she survive, but was happily cuddling with daddy and in no pain brought me to tears.

4. Speaking of tears, pretty much everything about being a mom brings you to tears. Well, when you have to get up at 5:45am everyday instead of sleeping in with your baby, everything actually will bring you to tears,  Red light? Boo hoo. No vanilla coffee creamer?? Waaaaaa. Too many blue cars on the highway?? Sniff sniff.

5. Speaking of coffee creamer, I just don't understand how people don't drink coffee. I just don't. Please tell me how you survive without it (provided you are over the age of 18). Seriously, it just makes me a better person in every way imaginable.

6. Today is Emerson's 2 month birthday. Such a big girl! But because I had to be up at 5:45am, I didn't get to take her 2 month picture, so I might have to cheat and take it tomorrow. That's okay, February is too short anyway, it'll even things out.

Oh, and Happy Valentines Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment