My sweet baby girl is one week old today! Ugh. It's almost heartbreaking, just thinking about how fast the days go by. This is how it will always be with her... she'll grow so fast. I already think she looks completely different than she did a week ago.
I know I'm probably biased, but I just can't stop staring at her. She is just so beautiful, so sweet, and despite feeling mildly sleep deprived, every time I look at her I just fall more in love. I knew I would love being a parent... I just had no idea how much.
- Your beautiful little red lips, and how you love to purse them out and make everyone drool over your cuteness
- Your tininess. You just smoosh up into a little ball, and you're so dainty and perfect yet somehow holding you feels like I'm cradling the entire world in my arms.
- How your fingers and fingernails look exactly like mine. How is that even possible??
- The way you constantly smile in your sleep. Reflex or not, it's pretty adorable.
- How you made me laugh till I cried when you peed on daddy while getting your bath... and then pooped on my bright white brand new fluffy towel.
- The random configurations of hand gestures you make in your sleep. Some of my favorites include warrior, praying mantis, bodybuilder, karate kid, and philosopher (all termed by mommy)
- How you're such a good baby. You only cry when you're hungry, getting your diaper changed, or getting a bath. Once that's taken care of, you're back to the sweet contentment that makes me smile.
- How quickly you've taken to nursing. You picked it up like a champ, and now all I can think about is how you'll master everything you do in life. And for such a tiny little peanut, boy you are hungry! I'm glad you learned your appetite from mommy ;-)
- That somehow just being picked up by me makes all of your tears and sadness go away. I love being the one who makes you happy with just a hug and a cuddle.
Today is our first trip out of the house. Nothing fancy, just going to the pediatrician. But I'm so excited to start showing you the world!