Monday, July 29, 2013

Backstreet's Back, Alright! (Just kidding, it's me, Audra)

Insert comment about never blogging, bla bla bla.

I've been spending the last few weeks soaking up the time with my girls. But I am back! To bring you up to speed, here are some updates on life and family:

Me:

I go back to work this week. Though I am so sad to leave my girls, I am happy because 1) I know they are in GREAT hands with our awesome babysitter and 2) I am starting a new job this week! I'll still be in the same office, just working with a new team and a new student population. Why not throw in as much change as possible this summer, right? I am so excited about this new challenge and it makes going back to work that much easier :)

I treated myself to a manicure, pedicure and haircut to celebrate the new job. I used the gift card my lovely friends bought me for my baby sprinkle. Look how fancy my hands look!

My BFF turned 30 and I got to spend my first night out post-baby!


I started half marathon training. Yee-ouch! Doing basically nothing for 9 months and then getting right back into equals sore extremities. But I will say that the body does remember because during and after the run, I feel alot better than I probably should. Endorphins, I have missed you. 


Jon and I went out for dinner to celebrate my birthday/our anniversary. It only took 11 weeks. We went to this amazing restaurant by our house that is right on the water. It was delicious and so nice to spend quality time together. About 80% of our conversation was not directly related to our children. Impressed?? I am.

 Emerson:

That girl... oh she just owns me. She has such a personality, and is the sweetest, smartest, most beautiful hazel-eyed girl in the world. <-- See what I did there? Anna's eyes are blue.

 
She's talking non-stop. There are no words that she doesn't say. Seriously. She says elevator and cheese curls. Like really? She always talks in sentences now. "Mommy, coming too?" "Yay, we go shopping!" "More milk please" "Sing ABCs please" "Daddy's working" and my personal favorite "I love you mommy." 

She can count to 20 (but usually skips over 15 and 16 for some reason). 

And most importantly, she LOVES her baby sister. 

Anna:

My blue eyed beauty. She's so sweet and smiley and easy. She has been congested since she was born, which 2 pediatricians have told me is normal, but it makes me feel so bad for her! Imagine not being able to blow your nose when it's stuffy. Ugh. But other than that, life with 2 under 2 has been, dare I say, relatively smooth and easy. 

When her nose isn't bothering her, she can sleep from about 8:00am to 4 or 5. I will take that any day. Some of you may remember how I never slept ever from months 2-5 with Emerson. I would like to not repeat that. Ever again. Ever. Ever. Ever. 

Anna is so adaptable and easygoing, it's almost not fair. I mean, look at this face. How am I supposed to leave her?


House:

Here are some before and after pics if you're not following me on Instagram (which, by the way, why aren't you? afry5909)

 Kitchen Before:





 Kitchen After






 That's life in a nutshell. I'll try to be better about posting, but I make no promises.





6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your kitchen remodel! It's beautiful. Where are your dining chairs from? They're gorgeous. Hope you have a great week at your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the white cabinets!! It makes the room so much brighter and looks more open! Good luck with your new position!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY SMOKES that kitchen looks amazing!!! Can I come over and just cook for you in it lol. (Just kidding) You look fantastic and those girls of yours are beauts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, just LOOKING at all that Kitchen cabinetry you painted is giving me hives. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahahaha! Thank you. It was quite the endeavor, I will say that.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the new job! Your kitchen looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete