Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What I'm loving Wednesday...

My first edition of this blog favorite. "What I'm Loving Wednesday" is popular in the blog world, and it's a great way to remind yourself of all the fun things in your life during a time when most people are feeling a mid-week slump. So here's my edition!


I'm loving..... Pawn Stars and Hardcore Pawn. I jsut diccovered these two shows, and I am HOOKED. They are very different in their formats, but the concept is basically the same.

I love Pawn Stars because the viewer gets to see all of these amazing and unique collectible items and learn the history behind them. And since I'm a history nerd, I practically salivate when I watch it. I am praying there's a marathon on this weekend because my Sunday is totally empty and screaming for some pawn action.


Hardcore Pawn I like because it's reality TV at its best/worst. If you've ever worked in retail, then you appreciate the fact that the owners of this shop have no problem dropping f-bombs on their customers when they get sassy. It's hysterical! Kind of sad, but hysterical.

I'm loving..... Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt.


If we're friends on FB, you may have stumbled upon my new addiction. It's a self-serve frozen yogurt shop that lets you pay by the ounce. Brilliant! They have 30 rotating flavors of lowfat or nonfat frozen yogurt, plus a topping bar that has literally every.single.topping you could ever imagine. When my friend Holly took me there last week for the first time, I made a "sundae" that was so good I almost cried. I'm not kidding. I have been  back there 3 times in the past 6 days. I am probably gong today. I am okay with this. (Update: I went at 1:15pm. It was glorious).

I'm loving..... Elliot Scott!

One of my besties Monica and her 18-month old son came to visit me yesterday, so I took a half day of work. This little guy could NOT be cuter if he tried. He melts my heart. He's just so happy and sweet and innocent, and I love having him as a "nephew". We took him to Orange Leaf yesterday and he loved that too. Check out this cuteness:

Seriously, it should be a crime to be so precious! Being around him and his amazing mommy reminds me how lucky I am to have such a great friend, and to have a healthy baby on the way. I loved joy in Elliot's eyes when he did, well, pretty much anything, and it's one of the things I'm looking forward to most about being a mommy. Seeing the world and all the "little things" from their perspective (e.g. squealing with joy when he comes across a giant plastic gorilla) will never get old.

I'm loving..... that today is a beautiful 82 degrees, as opposed to the 95 degree weather we've been getting. Don't get me wrong, I will take the sun over the cold any day, but 82 degrees is perfect!

I'm loving..... that I get to have lunch with two awesome girls today, Skye and Heather, who I haven't seen in weeks!
Lastly, I'm loving..... this adorable long-sleeved maternity top from Forever 21. It's $10, how could I not get it?? It looks so cozy and would be perfect for fall.
Forever 21

2 comments:

  1. Cuuuuuute top! That little boy is adorable. And my jaw dropped when I saw the froyo place.. Lime green and orange are my favorite colors. hopefully one will come to SC soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange Leaf is life changing! They are expanding fast, so I hope you get one soon too! :)

    ReplyDelete