Friday, June 24, 2011

This has been bothering me for years....

So last night as I was trying to fall asleep, I starting watching one of my favorite movies, A League of Their Own. Seriously, it's a classic. I might be able to sing every line of their theme song and may or may not sing it in the shower on occassion. What?? I never said I was normal.
Isn't it funny when you watch movies from your childhood as an adult, and you catch things that you didn't catch before?? For example, the movie "The Witches." I used to watch it all the time. When I saw it again a few years ago, I was appalled. That sh** was terrifying!!!! I would never let my kids watch that movie!

Anyway, back to my point. In 'A League of Their Own' at the very end, it's the bottom of the 9th inning, and Kit is rushing toward home plate. The entire movie Kit and her sister Dottie (the catcher) have been at odds, sibling rivalrly and all that. So even though everyone thinks Dottie is the better player, she ends up literally dropping the ball, and Kit becomes the hero and wins the World Series.

I have to know... did Dottie drop the ball on purpose?? I never thought about it much as a child, but now I wonder... did she do it on purpose because of her love for her sister? Or did she really just drop the ball. I am in agony now because I want to know so badly.

If you have any perspectives to share, let me know. I'm afraid of the free time that will be lost due to this question...

4 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you...I've always wondered but I'd have to say that I believe she dropped it on purpose. 1) As an older sibling I get it. 2) Dottie is really good...she did the splits to catch a ball for heaven's sake. 3) Kit...not so much. 4) Dottie didn't want it really and she wasn't going to come back so why the heck not.

    ok I've said my piece. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU. You are so wise :) That makes total sense to me. I am going with your theory!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought she dropped it on purpose. It never even crossed my mind that it was an accident. So, that's my two cents!

    ReplyDelete